My Life In My Own Way

My Life In My Own Way

Sunday, November 16, 2008

updating vintage patterns

I've been collecting a wonderful old needlework magazine called Needlecraft The Home Arts magazine and have been working on updating some of their old patterns. (Some of the yarn companies they recommend have gone out of business) And besides, the old needle and yarn sizes; as well as names; have been changed as well. For example - what exactly is Shetland Floss?

Any way I found an adorable Dolly's Trousseau from the November 1932 issue and have had a real dickens of a time tracking down the old school Alice in Wonderland embroidery pattern the little tablecloth and knapkins called for. Well I finally found it here: http://www.patternbee.com/CQ150.html. It's too bad that magazine is defunct. I could have made a killing in free stuff they awarded for selling subscriptions.

No comments: