My Life In My Own Way

My Life In My Own Way

Friday, February 11, 2011

Going Seasonal - Clementines

You've probably already had them. They're real popular at Christmas and in salads. (Also known as mandarin oranges.) what I liked was the cute little crate they come in at the grocery store.






(Yes, I'm a sucker for nice packaging.) So of course, I had to tote one home - all five pounds of them.


I sat my treasure on the kitchen counter and went to the internet to consider my options. One of the first recipes I pulled up was Nigella Lawson's Clementine Cake.


And can I tell you - it doesn't have any flour and therefore - no gluten. I'm not sure how you would replace the eggs and almond meal if you couldn't have them but anyway, wow is that cake ever good.

There were enough clementines left to juice and I decided that a recipe for Clementine Beaf would be good for dinner that weekend.

http//www.food.com/recipe/clementine-beef-3756

I may even have to go back for another crate to do this drinks recipe as well -

http//www.yumsugar.com/Happy/Hour/Clementine/Crush-626829

Wonder what's coming in in March?

No comments: